Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Working Life - or Not

It's taken years; no, I'm wrong. It's taken my entire working life to realize I can't work for somebody else. Note I used the word "can't" instead of won't - there's a marked difference. Won't to me means a little kid who plants his feet and refuses to do something. Can't on the other hand connotes (at least to me in this respective instance) an inability to perform as expected. 
Let me clarify. In case you get the impression I was one of those employees who was the bane of an employer's existence, I'm afraid I've led you a bit astray. At the height of my career, I was responsible for the management of all medical, dental, life insurance, pension and other employee benefit plans to a tune in excess of $39 million. Chump change? I think not. But I digressed.  
A couple of years ago I tried my hand at an online business. Were my efforts successful? Was I able to earned what could be construed a viable income for myself? Yup, and to the tune of six figures.
So I was then able to compare working for the man & going out on my own. My preference? Without a moment's hesitation I can say putting all faith in my own abilities far, far outweighs any other employment opportunity I was ever offered.

See, I hold the ability to use my God-given brain to entertain an online opportunity, research its viability, possible income opportunity, competition, appropriate keyword density and other Google-related indices as sacrosanct. In other words, point me in the right direction, let me go & I'll do my thing. And most importantly, I answer to myself. 
As a point of reference & in the interest of full disclosure, I'm presently working for the man. But I've just scoped out an opportunity that's interested me. I'm reviewing the business's videos, pdf files, sample products, etc. Bottom line, it looks good - real good. When I'm all-in my initial income goal will be about $100/month. Once I reach that, I'll quickly ramp up to $200, then $500, then $1,000+. Give me a couple of months. Watch me make this work. Then I'll sever ALL ties with current employer. I will be on my own 100% - something I should have done years ago. 
I'll post updates here periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment