Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Taxes - 2014

April 15th has by now come and gone and because I flat out fear the IRS, I dutifully filed my income tax for 2014.
Up until this filing, I had religiously used TurboTax (TT) software to file for my refund. But I read some bad reviews for TurboTax this year.
I'd have been willing to ignore those since the CDs were so darn easy to use, but the game breaker was the price. It was $90, and it gave me pause. Significant pause. Because H&R Block software was only around $50 AND imported all my prior year's data.
Once installed, H&R operated basically the same as TT. One slight difference: I have a small side-business & input of its debits/credits was done in a slightly different manner, definitely not as smooth as TT. 
But all in all, for the near $50% savings I experienced by switching programs, it was worth it.
So, in summary, TT has lost someone who had been a faithful customer for about seven years for a cheaper but just as capable piece of software.





No comments:

Post a Comment